Your annual care planning review
You have been invited to an annual review with a GP, Nurse or Paramedic to discuss your care plan, during the appointment a basic health check may also be completed. These care plans are designed to help patients better understand their conditions, self-manage their health, and support them to reach health goals.
As part of our care planning process, you will be asked to attend an in person review once a year and then have a telephone appointment to review your care plan around 6 months after.
Before your appointment
To get the most out of your appointment, it is important to consider the following:
- What are your goals / aims in relation to your health? (A few examples are: make changes to your eating/ lifestyle habits, lowering your blood pressure, improving your sleep, lowering cholesterol, support with mobility etc.)
- What support do you already have available? (This could be services, carers, family, friends etc.)
- Are there any parts of your care you need more support with?
- Is there anything that you do not understand in relation to your health and care plan?
- Consider whether you would like to bring anyone with you to your appointment
During your appointment
It is important that your care plan is written with your input, taking into account your goals, concerns and personal decisions around your care.
During your appointment it may help to ask the following questions:
- What options do I have to manage my condition/s?
- What are the pros and cons of the options available?
- If you do not understand something the clinician is saying, make sure you let them know so they can help you to understand better.